We are delighted to announce that we can offer clients access to a psychological service, provided by Sandra Stamos, AFBPsS,> MB.Sc.(Psych), Post. Grad. Dip.(Couns), a Chartered and HCPC registered, Forensic and Counselling Psychologist.
Sandra has 22 years of experience as a qualified Psychologist, including 11 years working as a Senior Psychologist in the care and mental health environment and 10 years working with child and family services and young offenders.
Any new referral will be discussed weekly between the unit team manager and psychologist and a plan made for a swift response with an initial meeting usually possible within a fortnight’s time”.
Sandra utilises an integrative approach in working with individuals and families including
- theoretical and psychological principles
- informed by psycho-dynamic, emotional-focused work,
- cognitive-behavioural techniques, motivational interviewing and brief
- solution and strengths focused work.
Sandra specialises in assessment
- including risk, personality, mental capacity and vulnerability,
- cognitive and intellectual abilities and autism diagnosis.
Areas of work include:
- Mental health issues including depression, anxiety,
- eating disorders, mood disorders
- Grief & Loss Trauma
- Substance misuse and harm reduction
- Offending behaviour
- Anger management
- Mindfulness and relaxation Parenting and family work